Job Description: Fortress Private Equity is a leading, global private equity business with approximately $16.5 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2015, in two primary businesses:
(1) Private Equity Funds – General buyout and sector-specific funds focused on control-oriented investments in North America and Western Europe; and
(2) Permanent Capital Vehicles – Publicly traded companies managed by Fortress (“Permanent Capital Vehicles”) that invest in a wide variety of real estate related assets, including securities, loans, real estate properties and mortgage servicing related assets, media assets or transportation and infrastructure assets.
The Position – Private Equity Real Estate Paralegal
As a thriving asset management firm with significant growth plans, we are looking to bolster our existing legal team with an experienced paralegal who can assist with a variety of real estate matters, including acquisitions of senior living facilities. The position would initially focus on working primarily with one of our six Permanent Capital Vehicles, New Senior Investment Group Inc. (NYSE: SNR).
New Senior is a publicly-traded real estate investment trust with a diversified portfolio of more than 150 senior housing properties across the United States, including independent living and assisted living/memory care facilities. New Senior’s properties are either managed by third-party operators or leased to tenant-operators.
The ideal candidate will have an extremely high attention to detail, and he or she will have at least four years of experience working on acquisitions and financings of commercial real estate at a law firm or a public company. Experience in the senior housing industry is a plus, but not required.
The paralegal will have the following responsibilities, among others:
· Prepare confidentiality agreements and letters of intent
· Form new entities, qualify new entities to do business in relevant jurisdictions, and obtain EINs
· Maintain the official corporate structure chart
· Coordinate with outside counsel to prepare/amend corporate formation documents and to prepare corporate resolutions
· Complete forms required to open new bank accounts
· In connection with acquisitions, engage and schedule site visits for third-party report providers
· Review third-party reports, such as property condition reports, zoning reports, environmental reports and termite inspection reports
· Coordinate with outside counsel to review title and survey reports and to prepare title objection letters
· Obtain signature pages for closing documents
· Maintain electronic records of closing sets and other important legal documentation
Qualifications – Experience & Personality
· 4-plus years of experience as a real estate paralegal
· An understanding of the real estate acquisition process from confidentiality agreement to closing
· Excellent word processing skills
· Experience working in Excel desired
Personality – This Position is Ideal for the Following Type of Candidate
· Extremely organized and detail oriented – able to manage multiple prospective acquisitions at different stages of the deal cycle
· Hard worker – enthusiastic to work in an intense environment that can require long hours and rewards performance
· Curiosity – ability and desire to learn new areas of the law and business
· Friendly – ability to work well with an array of personalities, including lawyers and non-lawyers
· Undergraduate degree
· New York
If interested, please apply through the Fortress Careers page, link listed below.
Job Posting Date: 9/14/2015
Location: New York, NY
Job Posting Link: http://careers.fortress.com/careers/JobDetail/New-York-New-York-United-States-Real-Estate-Paralegal/3387
Company Website: http://www.fortress.com/Default.aspx
Company Profile: Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: FIG) is a leading, highly diversified global investment management firm with approximately $72 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015. Fortress applies its deep experience and specialized expertise across a range of investment strategies – private equity, credit, liquid markets and traditional asset management – on behalf of over 1,600 institutional investors and private clients worldwide.
Contact Name: Christen Zellinger
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (212) 798-6100