Job Description: Hours: This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, overtime as needed to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Benefits: Health & dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.
Bluff City is seeking a qualified and experienced Paralegal to conduct legal research, prepare documents, and assist in preparing legal memorandas. This position will research legal precedence and investigate facts, prepare legal documents such as contracts and real estate closing materials and gather research data such as statutes, codes, previous court decision, and legal articles.
The Successful candidate
The candidate must be an independent but also work well in a team environment, a self-starter who is detailed oriented, has excellent organizational skills, strong listening skills and excellent follow-up skills. The person in this position must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and editing documents, answering incoming calls, handling incoming correspondence.
• Draft legal documents including agreements, contracts, real estate closing materials and legal memoranda
• Perform legal and factual research; organize, analyze and validate information.
• Prepare written reports, legal documents and correspondence.
• Prepare and assist with documents such as minutes, resolutions, written reports, consents and related materials.
• Maintain databases and files; and organize and track matters and files.
• Provide administrative support to and manage and work on special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in legal studies or related field and/or a paralegal certification.
• Three or more years of experience as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant or a combination of training and experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in outlook, word, excel and power point
• Thorough knowledge of legal terminology and legal research techniques.
• Experience in preparing all real estate closing materials for both buyer and seller
• Thorough knowledge of communication principles and practices and legal principles and practices
• In depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills via over the phone and in person
• Strong organizational skills with a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required walk; use hands to finger, and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however filling is required, this would require the ability to lift, bend or stand and transport items up to 10 lbs.
A pre-employment background check is required
To apply, interested candidates should email resume and cover letter describing your interest to email@example.com as early as possible and by the preferred date of May 8, 2015. Please do not contact employer directly.
Bluff City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting Date: April 19, 2105
Salary: Hiring Salary: $45,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
Location: 2250 Southwind Blvd Bartlett, IL 60103
Job Posting Link:
Company Profile: Bluff City is an engineering, mining/recycling, surveying, design, environmental, and reclamation company located in the Bartlett / Elgin Area with affiliated entities specializing in asphalt shingle recycling and real estate development. We are primarily a construction-based enterprise that deals with all facets of construction and related activities. This position would provide a wide range of support, both legal and administrative to the general counsel and staff attorney/chief of staff and also assist other staff as needed.
Contact Name: Cara
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org