Job Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
Bates stamp, redact, duplicate and index documents. Set up and maintain files that are organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter.
• Conduct various document searches and factual research.
Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on internal and external document databases and systems, gather relevant information from a variety of resources such as newspapers, magazines, libraries, case documents and trade associations.
• Court filings.
Work with attorney to prepare and file all court documents. Gather relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits and create document indices in the preparation of court filings. Create, bind and distribute both file and courtesy copies.
• Trial Preparation
Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics, and assist in the preparation of witness testimony.
• College degree or paralegal certificate preferable; however, relevant work experience may be used in lieu of college degree.
• Recognize or use correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling; communicate information that is appropriate for the intended audience; able to read and interpret written information
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills;
• Advanced computer skills: must be highly proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word, including merges;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows: strong work ethic, high degree of personal responsibility and accountability, and a strong desire to succeed. Willing to take independent actions and calculated risks, but also to ask for and offer help.
Job Posting Date: March 31, 2015
Location: Bloomington, IL
Job Posting Link:
Company Profile: Seeking dependable and efficient legal assistant to manage caseload for solo attorney with general practice, focusing on personal injury, workers’ compensation and criminal law.
Contact Name: Terry Dodds
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (309) 829-9300