Job Description: DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks an experienced, highly organized, detail-oriented Corporate and Finance Paralegal for our Philadelphia, PA office. Under the supervision of attorneys, performs a range of substantive case, matter or entity related duties. Prepares drafts of legal and other documents and correspondence for attorney review. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information. Coordinates efforts between attorneys, clients, outside legal counsel, opposing legal counsel, other parties and outside vendors.
• Prepares and files Articles of Incorporation/Organization, state qualifications, dissolutions, EINs and other organizational and related documents.
• Prepares documents for the authorization of a variety of corporate actions to include drafting consents, filing amendments and preparing merger, consolidation, redomestication and similar documents.
• Prepares schedules, documents, spreadsheets, closing statements and funds flows for transactions such as financings, mergers and acquisitions and closing statements.
• Coordinates UCC searches and prepares filings.
• Organizes documents and closing books in connection with corporate transactions such as financings, mergers and acquisitions.
• Prepares and files annual reports in states where corporations are incorporated and/or qualified to do business.
• Blue Sky research.
• Prepare and maintain capitalization tables.
• Form D filings (fundamental transactions and fund formation) and annual updates as needed.
• Form ADV filings and other regulatory filings for investment managers.
• CFTC registrations (commodity pool operator and/or commodity trading advisor, or exemptions).
• Prepares Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5).
• Communicates regularly with attorneys regarding the status of projects and deadlines, and informs attorneys of any issues.
• Interacts with clients, commercial registered agents and state and regulatory authorities by telephone and by written correspondence.
• Drafts option grants and stock option agreements.
• Maintains stock and stock option ledgers.
• Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
• College degree and/or Paralegal certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires minimum five years of paralegal experience.
• Must have strong skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with legal software such as Corporate Focus or similar application required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys and clients on a daily basis.
• Strong organizational and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of work associated with each case and transaction.
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Job Posting Date: 3/18/2015
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Posting Link: http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_dlapiper/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=1344&localeCode=en-us
Company Website: https://www.dlapiper.com/en/us/careers/
Company Profile: DLA Piper is one of the largest business law firms in the world and one of the most recognized law firm brands globally. In just eight years since our firm’s founding, we have established ourselves as an innovative and entrepreneurial firm that is deeply committed to our global core values of people, clients and community. In fact, it is the individual members of the DLA Piper team—the combination of talented lawyers and business professionals working together—that define our success and drive our growth.
Contact Name: Amy Stewart
Contact Email: email@example.com