Job Description: CASE MANAGER
OFFICE OF BAR COUNSEL
The Office of Bar Counsel (OBC) has an opening for a Case Manager in its Intake Division. The position is responsible for conducting preliminary and informal investigations of ethical complaints filed with the OBC. This position reports to the Deputy Bar Counsel (DBC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts preliminary investigation of ethical complaints and supporting documentation to determine appropriate case disposition.
2. Gathers and reviews relevant documents from courts and other jurisdictions.
3. Prepares subpoenas for bank records and other documents.
4. Drafts case letters and memoranda.
5. Conducts research using internet and electronic legal research programs and engines.
6. Meets with respondents and complainants.
7. Makes timely recommendations to DBC regarding disposition of cases.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains case docket entries using electronic case management and document management systems.
2. Creates and maintains tickler reports and case files.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS from an accredited university or college or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to seven or more years.
2. At least three years of prior paralegal or law clerk experience required; legal intake experience a plus.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and electronic legal research platforms and applications.
5. Must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, ability to work with minimal supervision and have strong analytical skills.
6. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities while working under tight deadlines.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills for working with all levels of staff, external entities and leadership.
8. Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Under the current compensation structure, this position is in the Paralegal & Case Management job family and at the Senior Specialist level. Starting salary is commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package. This is an exempt position.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the OBC’s needs. The OBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posting Date: 8/27/2015
Salary: $63,000 – $68,000
Location: Washington, DC
Job Posting Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=dcbarpl6
Company Website: http://www.dcbar.org/index.cfm
Company Profile: Enhance access to justice. Improve the legal system. Empower lawyers to achieve. These three pillars have remained the foundation of the D.C. Bar’s mission since its creation by the District of Columbia Court of Appeals in 1972.
Today the Bar stands as the second-largest unified bar in the United States, providing the oversight structure needed to maintain the profession’s ethical standards and Rules of Professional Conduct. The organization is governed by a Board of Governors, led by Timothy K. Webster, the Bar’s 44th president. (View a list of past presidents.) The leaders work together to achieve goals set out in the D.C. Bar’s strategic plan.
At the core of the Bar’s mission is the charge to not only assist members but to protect the public; it shapes the way the organization conducts its business and activities.
Contact Name: Garrison Lindsey
Contact Email: email@example.com